Its pumpkin season! Whats better than a quick and easy dish thats both a nutritious and yummy treat? This pudding is loaded with Vitamin A, fiber and has a low glycemic load (less likely to spike blood sugar). Its great for breakfast, dessert or snack.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free!
- 1.5 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1.5c organic coconut milk (culinary)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- lots of cinnamon
- dash of cloves, nutmeg, ginger
(you can also find "pumpkin pie spice" in most grocery stores which contains all of these spices!)
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Let sit for 3 hours (this allows the consistency to become pudding-like as the chia seeds do their magic)
3. Serve & Enjoy!
4. Optional topping: crushed pecans or walnuts, coconut flakes and um... more cinnamon (I love cinnamon)